Dachshunds are not difficult dogs to keep by any means. In fact their care needs are relatively minimal. All they really need, apart from food, water and exercise, is lots of attention!
For detailed information on specific Dachshund care, please see the following:
For information on day to day care of Dachshunds, including feeding, please see here: Dachshund Day to Day Care.
For detailed information on exercise requirements for Dachshunds, read our brief summary here: Dachshund Exercise.
While the grooming requirement for Dachshunds is relatively low depending on whether you chose a Smooth-Haired, Long-Haired or Wire-Haired Dachshund, you can check out our Dachshund grooming information here: Dachshund Grooming.
You will also want to learn more about training your Dachshund. This is most important with a breed which, though small, can be somewhat wilful. We are pleased to provide detailed information here: Dachshund Training.
There are many excellent books available on the subject of Dachshund care and caring for your Dachshund. We can highly recommend :
* The Everything Dachshund Book: A Complete Guide to Raising, Training and Caring for Your Dachshund by: Joan Hustace Walker
* Dachshunds for Dummies by: Eve Adamson
* The Essential Dachshund (Essential Guide) by: Howell Book House
* A New Owners Guide to Dachshunds by: Kaye Ladd
* The Dachshund Handbook (Barron’s Pet Handbooks) by: D. Caroline Coile
* The Dachshund by: Susan M. Ewing and Wayne Hunthausen